What you'll need
Serves 2 (meals)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Â½ onion, sliced
- 130g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 300g rump steak, sliced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- Â½ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
The easy bit
- Heat half the oil in a heavy-based frying pan, add onion, mushrooms and paprika and cook until lightly browned and juices from mushrooms have evaporated.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to the heat, add the remaining oil and stir-fry the steak over very high heat for about 2 minutes, adding the tomato paste and wine about halfway through.
- Simmer until slightly reduced, then add the sour cream and return the mushroom mixture to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
- Serve with fresh steamed green beans.
Tip: Make this recipe in advance and freeze in portions for an easy dinner.