What you'll need
Serves 2 (meals)
- 250g beef mince
- ½ small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 20g parmesan, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g canned tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- To make the meatballs, mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Work mixture with hands until smooth, then shape into 12 balls.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and brown the meatballs, then place in a roasting dish.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, paprika, water, salt, pepper and Â½ tablespoon of oregano.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs, place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Scatter over the remaining oregano to serve.
Tip: You can replace the beef mince with chicken mince in this recipe.