What you'll need
Serves 2 (meals)
- 350g lean beef strips
- 4 spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- Â½ long red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- Â¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
The easy bit
- Combine the beef, spring onions, ginger, garlic, five-spice powder and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil in a bowl.
- Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, mix together the oyster sauce, kecap manis and chilli in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a wok, add the beef mixture and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add the snow peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the snow peas are bright green but still crisp.
- Add the sauce and chilli mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir through the coriander leaves and serve.
Tip: You can use pork, chicken or tofu in this recipe as an alternative to beef.