What you'll need
Serves 2 (meals)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g stewing lamb, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- Â½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Â½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Â½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Â½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Â½ teaspoon paprika
- 400g canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Â¼ cup whole almonds, toasted
- Â¼ cup roughly chopped fresh coriander
- Â¼ cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper
- 50g rocket leaves
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 180Â°C.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a frying pan, add lamb in batches and cook until lightly browned all over.
- As meat is cooked, place in a tagine or casserole dish, then add the orange zest.
- Add remaining oil to the frying pan, cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until soft, then add the spices and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
- Add the onion and garlic mixture, tomatoes and stock to the lamb, cover and cook in the oven for 1Â½ hours or until the lamb is tender and the sauce has reduced.
- Meanwhile, place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Remove lamb from the oven and stir through the almonds and the fresh herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove the cinnamon stick and serve with the rocket.
Tip: Make this recipe in advance and freeze in portions for an easy dinner.