What you'll need
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 mild red chilli
- 1⁄4 mild green chilli
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cummin
- 1⁄2 ripe tomato, roughly diced
- 1⁄2 roasted capsicum, cleaned
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest and juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, Kiev cut, skin removed
- 3 asparagus spears
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 orange, segmented
The easy bit
- For the marinade, heat the cooking oil in a pan, then lightly sweat off the onion, chillies and garlic. Add the paprika and cummin and toss.
- Add the tomato, capsicum, and salt and pepper.
- Put the tomato and capsicum mix into a food processor, then pour in lemon juice and 2 1⁄2 tablespoons of olive oil, and process until smooth.
- When cool, brush the marinade on the chicken breast to coat lightly and set aside for 4 hours.
- On a BBQ, cook chicken on one side to seal, then turn. It should take 7 to 10 minutes for a 150g breast to cook through. Try not to overcook it.
- Lightly oil the asparagus, then place on the BBQ and cook for 1 minute on each side. Toss together the fennel, coriander, orange, remaining olive oil and salt and pepper. Serve with the cooked chicken and asparagus.