What you'll need
Serves 2 (meals)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g rindless bacon, chopped
- 6 small zucchinis, chopped
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
- salt and black pepper
The easy bit
Tip: For a vegetarian option, replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock and omit the bacon.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large saucepan, add onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until bacon is golden brown.
- Add zucchini and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped mint. In batches, blend the soup in a food processor until smooth (or use a stick blender to puree the soup in the pot).
- Return to the saucepan and cook over a low heat, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with extra mint to garnish.