What you'll need
- 2 slices pancetta
- 1 small bunch of asparagus - blanched or grilled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 10g parmesan, shaved
- Salt and pepper to taste
The easy bit
Tip 1: Pancetta can be substituted for bacon, so long as all fat is removed.
Tip 2: Did you know that in our Vegetables to Enjoy list, the quantity of vegetables you can eat is generally unlimited, unless otherwise stated as in moderation. Bulk up any of our recipes by adding other allowable vegetables of your choice.
Tip 3: This dish can also be altered and enjoyed as a snack, by simply reducing the quantities to 1 egg and 1 slice of pancetta per serve.
- In a non-stick pan, crisp up the pancetta, then drain on a paper towel.
- Arrange asparagus on a plate and season
- Poach the eggs in a pot of simmering water with a splash of vinegar for 3 minutes, then remove eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Place eggs on top of the asparagus, season, then place the pancetta on the eggs. Garnish with Parmesan and splash truffle oil over the top.