What you'll need
- 250g plain low-fat yoghurt
- ¼ continental cucumber, peeled, halved and deseeded
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
The easy bit
Tip: Cut the remaining cucumber into crudités.
- Place yoghurt in a sieve lined with muslin over a bowl and stand for 10-20 minutes to drain any excess liquid.
- Transfer yoghurt to a serving bowl and discard the liquid. Meanwhile, coarsely grate the cucumber and squeeze out the excess moisture with your hands.
- Combine cucumber, garlic, chives, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice with the yoghurt and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate before serving.
- Serve 2 tablespoons with vegetable crudités for an allowable snack.