What you'll need
25g = 1 allowable snack
- 50g raw cashews
- 50g raw almonds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
The easy bit
Tip: Portion nuts into ziplock bags or small containers for freshness and convenience.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine ground cumin, coriander, chilli powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the spice mix to the nuts and seeds, toss until coated.
- Spread nuts and seeds in a single layer on the tray. Cook in preheated oven, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes or until toasted and aromatic.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions of 25g (25g = 1 alowable snack).