What you'll need
- 150g ricotta
- zest of 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 6 basil leaves, finely sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 zucchini flowers, stamen and pistil removed
- 100mL cream
- 1 Roma tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon horseradish, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- flour to dust
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
The easy bit
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, lemon zest, pine nuts and basil, and season to taste.
- With a teaspoon, gently stuff the ricotta mix into the zucchini flowers so that they are three-quarters full, then twist the top closed. Make sure that you pack the ricotta tight into the flower – this will help it stay together when frying.
- In a small saucepan, gently reduce the cream until it coats the back of a spoon. Add the tomato, horseradish and chives, and season to taste.
- Lightly flour the zucchini flowers. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and shallow-fry the flowers until golden brown. Serve with the horseradish cream.