What you'll need
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 100g goat's cheese, crumbled
- 20g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Beetroot & Rocket Side Salad
- 2 medium cooked beetroots cut into matchsticks
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
The easy bit
619 Calories per serving.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c.
- Take a small frying pan (ideally with a metal handle so it can go in the oven) and gently fry the red onion and red capsicum until soft and beginning to colour, stirring every so often.
- Meanwhile crack the eggs into a jug and whisk, then add the goat's cheese, parmesan and parsley, season with salt and pepper and gently fold.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan turning the heat down to its lowest and cook until the sides begin to set, pop into the oven for about 8-10 minutes until firm to the touch.
- In a mixing bowl add the beetroot, rocket, chives and drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Once the frittata is cooked leave to cool slightly then tip out of the pan, slice into four, divide between your plates and top with the beetroot salad.