What you'll need
Serves 2 (meals). Alternatively, enjoy 1-2 as a snack.
- 1 medium eggplant, about 350g
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g fresh reduced-fat ricotta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- salt and black pepper
The easy bit
Tip: These eggplant rolls can also be baked with tomato sauce and cheese on top.
- Thinly slice the eggplant lengthwise into six 5 mm-thick slices.
- Place on a baking tray and brush each side with oil.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or grill plate and cook eggplant on both sides until tender and brown.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Mix ricotta and basil together in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the ricotta mixture evenly among aubergine slices and roll to enclose.
- Serve with steamed greens.