What you'll need
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 duck breast, skin removed
- 1⁄2 radicchio, washed
- 2 figs, quartered
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 15g goat’s cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Add cooking oil to an ovenproof pan on medium heat. Season the duck breast, and place top side (where the skin was) down in the pan.
- After the duck has started to colour, place the pan into the oven and cook for 6 minutes. Turn over and cook for another minute, and then rest the meat.
- Toss together the radicchio, figs, pomegranate seeds, goat’s cheese, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Reheat duck for 2 minutes, carve and serve.