What you'll need
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 200g mixed wild mushrooms (any type of mushrooms will work fine)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 rashers of smoked bacon (all fat removed) cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 small glass of white wine (or a small glass of chicken stock)
- 100ml light whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
The easy bit
- Heat a medium sized frying pan over a medium heat and when hot add half of the olive oil and seal the strips of chicken on all sides, remove the chicken from the pan.
- Next add the remaining olive oil, onion, mushrooms and smoked bacon and fry until the bacon starts to crisp.
- Add the chicken back to the pan with any juices, the garlic and white wine and bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Finally add the cream and parsley bring slowly back to the boil and serve with steamed green beans and sugar snap peas.
496-513 Calories per serving.