What you'll need
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 6 whole sage leaves, plus 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oilsalt and pepper to taste
- 20g butter
The easy bit
- Cut chicken breast in half so you have two full-size breasts, with half the thickness. This will reduce the cooking time.
- Lay prosciutto on your cutting board, then place 3 sage leaves on each piece of prosciutto.
- Lay the chicken on top of each piece, put the rest of the sage on the breast and wrap the prosciutto around tightly.
- In a hot pan, place the cooking oil and chicken. Make sure the prosciutto fold is facing up.
- Add the garlic and chopped sage, lower the temperature to medium and cook for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Turn and cook for another 2 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, off the heat. Then remove chicken, and reduce the liquid by half.
- Toss together the mushrooms, shallot and chives, and dress with lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Serve.
- Add butter to the chicken's cooking liquid and stir through off the heat to thicken the sauce, then return chicken to the pan to coat with hot sauce. Serve with the mushroom salad.