What you'll need
- 500g spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 480g lean beef, cubed
- 1/2 cup low salt beef stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The easy bit
- Using a food processor, chop the spinach with 1/4 cup of water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chilli and spices, stir until fragrent, then add the beef in batches and sear on all sides.
- Return the beef to the saucepan, add the stock, lemon juice and spinach. Cover, and simmer until beef is tender, about 45mins, adding more stock if necessary.