What you'll need
- 120g beetroot
- 200g veal* cutlet
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 anchovies
- 20g roasted walnuts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
*Note: veal can be substituted for beef or lamb (lean cut of your choice)
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- For the salsa verde, mix the herbs, capers and garlic together with mustard, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Boil the beetroot in salted water until tender. Peel and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a hot ovenproof pan, seal the veal in cooking oil and then roast to medium. Rest.
- Toss the beetroot, anchovies and walnuts in the olive oil and parsley. Season to taste.
- Arrange salad and veal on a plate, dress with salsa verde and serve.