What you'll need
Serves 1 (as a light meal)
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salmon roe
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chardonnay vinegar
- pepper to taste
- 4 scallops in half shell, roe off
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 mint leaves, finely chopped
The easy bit
- Heat the cooking oil over a medium heat, then sweat off the zucchini and garlic until soft, trying not to colour them. Purée.
- To make the salsa, mix salmon roe, olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with cracked pepper.
- Detach scallops from their shells and clean the shells thoroughly.
- In a small non-stick frying pan, add cooking oil and seal one side of the scallops until gold and crisp. Turn over and cook for another minute.
- To serve, spoon zucchini purée into the scallop shells, then place scallops on top and dress with salsa. Garnish with mint and serve.