What you'll need
- 10 green (uncooked) prawns, peeled and sliced in half
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red chilli, de-seeded and thinly sliced (use more for extra punch)
- 1 pak choy/bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 5 closed cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- small handful of beansprouts
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- fresh coriander (for garnishing, optional)
The easy bit
- The most important aspect of making a stir-fry is to make sure all of your ingredients are chopped, washed and ready at hand to pop into the wok as you fry. The vegetables should retain a crunch for a fuller flavour and consistency. The longer you cook a vegetable for, the more goodness is lost.
- Heat a wok or frying pan until almost smoking hot. Add the sunflower oil followed by the garlic, king prawns, chilli, zucchini and mushrooms and fry for 1-2 minutes. Next goes in the pak choy, beansprouts, soy sauce, sugar and water and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Serve with thinly sliced spring onions and if you have some at hand a little fresh chopped coriander.
264 Calories per serving.