What you'll need
- 1⁄3 cup chardonnay vinegar
- pinch of saffron threads, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 120g spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 180g tuna steak
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 Roma tomato, deseeded and diced
The easy bit
- In a small saucepan, reduce the vinegar and saffron by half, then take the pan off the heat, add olive oil and let cool.
- Cook the spinach in a hot pot, then season and finish with lemon juice.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan until hot, seal the tuna on one side until golden brown, then flip, baste with half the vinaigrette and cook for another minute.
- Add the chives and diced tomato to the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the spinach and tuna on a plate and dress with the vinaigrette mix.