What you'll need
Serves 2 (meals)
- 10-12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 80g haloumi, cut into 1 cm-thick slices
- 80g mixed lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
The easy bit
Tip: Haloumi can also be cooked on the barbecue.
- Bring a medium pot of water to the boil, add the asparagus, cook for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water.
- Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, add the haloumi slices and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place lettuce leaves on a serving plate and top with asparagus and fried haloumi.
- Scatter parsley on top and serve with lemon wedges.