What you'll need
- 900g white fish fillets (e.g. John Dory, Barramundi, Flathead, Ling etc.)
- 4 rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 500ml fish stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 250ml light thickened cream
- 250ml skim milk
The easy bit
- Cut the fish fillets into 2.5cm cubes.
- Place the bacon into a deep saucepan over a low heat and saute until golden brown.
- Add the onion and saute until transparent, then add the parsley and cook for one more minute.
- Add the fish stock, bay leaf, salt and pepper, then cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and milk, and warm until heated through (do not boil).
- Serve immediately.
418 Calories per serving.