What you'll need
- 4 rashers of lean middle bacon, all visible fat removed
- 2 large field mushrooms
- 2 medium eggs
For the hollandaise sauce:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 100g light butter
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
The easy bit
- Remove all visible fat from the bacon. Place bacon and mushrooms under a medium grill until crispy, turning when required.
- To make the hollandaise sauce, place the water and egg yolk into a stainless steel or glass bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water, ensuring the base of the bowl doesn not touch the water. Whisk the ingredients until creamy.
- Remove bowl from the pan and add the butter and whisk until thick.
- Add lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt and place the bowl back over the pan of hot water to keep warm.
- Bring another saucepan of water to simmering, add a splash of vinegar and create a whirlpool by whisking or stirring in one direction. Crack one egg into the centre of the whirlpool and cook for 2-3 minutes for a semi-soft yolk or 3-4 minutes for a firm-set yolk.
- Remove the bacon and mushrooms from the grill and position in middle of plate. Using a draining spoon remove from boiling water and place a poached egg on top of the bacon.
- Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of hollandaise sauce over the egg and serve immediately.
342 Calories per serving.