What you'll need
- 1 litre of water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 4 sticks of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed then chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- 30g parmesan cheese
The easy bit
- Place all ingredients excluding the cornflour into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Before serving, mix cornflour with a little water and stir through the soup.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.