What you'll need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 green cabbage, finely shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
The easy bit
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the meat and stir until well browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, red capsicum and grated carrot. Cook, stirring until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the passata, tomatoes and soy sauce and simmer for 30 mins or until thick. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Add the cabbage and cook until just softened (about 1 min) then strain.
- Place cabbage in pasta bowls, top with bolognese sauce and shredded basil.
(Sat Fat = 4.8g)
Tip: Other alternatives to cabbage 'pasta' include strings or ribbons of zucchini, or green beans.